- Cart is empty
Job Title : Store Manager
Name of Department : AV / C&C / Furniture / Bedding
Place of Work : Elitetrax Marketing Sdn Bhd (Harvey Norman)
Reports To : Operation Manager
SCOPE AND GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Handling and overseeing all the day-to-day processes that are carried out in the store. Able to manage the product inventory, salespersons, goods for display, sales, etc.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Identifies current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control;
- Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits.
- Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning.
- Dealing with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development.
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Resolving health and safety, legal and security issues.
- Responding to customer complaints and comments.
- Touring the sales floor regularly, talking to colleagues and customers, and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.